About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Quitter?

Almost 2 weeks into my new lose x amount of pounds program and I'm failing....miserably. I started off like a champion. I went running every morning and with each day I improved. (This is a HUGE deal for me because I have never, NEVER been a physical person.) I stopped drinking soda and was eating food/snacks with nutritional value. So what happened? THE WEEKEND!

On Saturday I went to the movies. (I saw Star Trek. It was so good. For once I wasn't disappointed with Hollywood for ruining another classic. Now I'm curious to see what they've done with the Terminator.) This was my excuse to splurge. I didn't go running that morning and I filled up on greasy popcorn and the heavenly nectar called Pepsi. I then went to Walmart and bought even more Pepsi. The 2l bottles were .99c. How could I resist? So I basically spent the rest of the weekend drinking soda, not running and eating junk food. Yum!

Now it's Thursday and I've only ran twice this week. On the plus side I stopped drinking soda. I'm still enjoying cookies and Cracker Jacks though. I've probably gained more weight!

Well, I'm not giving up. As I munch these peanuts I am committing myself to running this evening...if it's not raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment