About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Back to Bermuda


Once again I find myself in Bermuda. I was home for only a week before my ticket was booked. I know it sounds crazy, but a week away felt more like a month. Plus, I wasn't thinking clearly...I guess that's obvious. I just wanted to be with Firefighter again. Silly: yes. Obsessed: hopefully not. All I know is I've never had such intense feelings about anyone before and the fact that we've grown so close in such a short amount of time speaks volumes. I can tell him anything. I'm constantly pushing my boundaries and it's okay.Well, not completely okay. I still freak out when I think about it. How can I let my guard down? I have friends who I've known for years and they don't know a quarter of the things I've told Firefighter.

I think it helps that he sees me for who I am. He doesn't have any preconceived notions of how I should act. He takes me for me. I don't get that a lot. I'm seen as the "good" girl...the perfect girl. Great student, studious, respectful. And although that is a part of who I am, it isn't everything. There is so much pressure to live up to people's expectations. I never have to pretend around Firefighter. I can let my guard down without fear of judgment or criticism.

The next time we see each other will be in the States. Firefighter doesn't have time off until mid November so it will be 4 weeks before we see each other again. :o(

Oh! It's now official. He's my boyfriend. It's really silly to have the "official" title now. Nothing is really going to change from how it has been going. But now I can change my status on facebook to "in a relationship." lol.

1 comment: