This weekend marks a year since Firefighter and I met. Can you believe it? I can't. It's crazy how time seems to be flying. Some times I still get that feeling that I'm rushing into things. I know it's silly but I'm a worrier. I've been spending a lot of time in my brain reminiscing. I get butterflies just thinking about him. It is amazing how much a person I barely knew just a year ago, someone I only knew of by name for years before that, could become such a prevalent player in my story. I get so excited and full of anxiety when I think about it. It seems ridiculous but when it comes to relationships I need a handicap. You know like the one they get in sports. I'm just unsure of how to maneuver through a relationship. One problem is I don't know which issues I should bring up and which I need to just drop. I'm so afraid that I may be unconsciously trying to sabotage things but on the other hand I'm paranoid that I may just be blinded by love. I know. I know. I have issues. Once again, because he is so good at forcing me to communicate when I usually shut down, we were able to talk about it.
Me: I'm just used to holding people back. And I don't want to inadvertently do that with you because I'm scared.
Firefighter: I understand.
Me: So I don't know which things I should bring up and which I should just drop.
Firefighter: Just be straight with me. Bring up whatever you want.
Me: I feel so incompetent when it comes to dealing with these things. What if it's something minor? I don't want to feel like I'm making a big deal about it if it's not important to you
Firefighter: Well, it's important to you. So it's doesn't matter how I feel about it.
That's when I got teary and realized how lucky I am to find someone who is willing to put up with all my issues and insecurities.
I have promised to work on being more open though. And as we begin this second year of our life as a couple I look forward to everything that may come.

Awe!! I am so happy for you! Wow I can't believe it's been a year, wow has time flown by.
ReplyDeleteAnd your not incompetent, and he's right if its something thats important to you then it's important to him.
Cheers to the second year! Hope it is just as fabulous!