About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Monday, August 22, 2011

Humble Pie

So, I have to admit. I didn't expect to not have a job with only two weeks left in the summer. Rejection is not something I am used to and after applying to tons of jobs and being turned down so much I'm left feeling like a failure. On the bright side I do have a Plan B. One of the teachers that worked at the school where I did my student teaching is going on paternity leave (yes isn't it great when men are given the opportunity to help with the baby) and asked me to be his substitute while he's gone. Of course I'm happy to do it, but after applying there and being rejected I feel a bit embarrassed returning as a sub. But now, I think I have to suck it up, swallow my pride and do what I have to do to make some money.

I know this is a big lesson for me but I can't stop thinking (very dramatically) "Woe is me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment