About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Monday, February 9, 2015

Cabin Fever

For the past couple weeks, I've been trapped in doors as inches and inches of snow makes it impossible to do anything.

It's been a while since I've written, so brief update: I am a full time teacher! It's good and bad. I love my students. For the second year in a row, I was lucky enough to get a group of kids that I genuinely enjoy. However, in only my second year of teaching, I'm burning out. I can go on and on about all the things that have led to this (a headmaster that sucks the life out of her most motivated teachers, students not receiving the best possible education because of the lack of resources, or the multitude of extra tasks I am required to do outside of teaching my class), but that's not what this post is about.

I want to write about the things I am beginning to discover about myself while I've been SNOWED IN!

Thank God for Skye (my super wise best friend). She is the one person I can always count on to listen and help me work out all my issues. And right now I'm trying to determine what it is I want to do.

So, I am going to focus. I'm going to start writing again and examining myself. Looking internally and learning about who I am and what it is I'm going to be doing with my days. I hope you join me on this journey of self discovery.

First step: Read The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav

I was lucky enough to have a copy sent to me from Skye (Didn't I say she was supportive?)

No comments:

Post a Comment