Some times I really can't believe how blessed I am. When everything is fading away, and I am struggling through the fog, something happens that shows me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm sorry for all the cliches. But it really it true: when a door closes a window opens. I might as well add another one. HA HA.
Anyway, I was joking around with my boss today about getting a raise. I was pointing out why I was important to the company and that he was lucky I started back when I did. (Have I mentioned that I am now working at the company I worked at before I went into my Masters program?) I didn't think he was taking me seriously, but he gave me a call this afternoon to let me know that he was actually going to give me a raise! A 40% raise!
Now, I know money can't buy happiness. But it just shows me that I have many options and that my skills are really worth something.
There are other opportunities that have been popping up, but more on that when I know it's more concrete!


No comments:
Post a Comment