About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

This weekend I was able to escape to Sin City. Las Vegas is like a dream. You can travel from New York to Paris, Rome to the Sahara, all without leaving the strip. I spent my days sunbathing beside the pool and I am quite pleased with my tan.

It's absolutely wonderful to get away and forget all worries. But now I'm back facing reality and life isn't perfect. I'm constantly trying to avoid potholes and unfortunately, more often than not, I end up with a flat. I stand beside the road wallowing in self pity hoping someone would come along and fix everything. But that doesn't happen because I'm usually hiding in the trunk. So I wipe the tears no one sees, hop out, dust myself off and change my own tire. Sometimes my mistakes are worst and when I do hit road bumps they're fatal. My last accident cost me a lot. I have been trying to hide the damage, pretending there isn't a total wreck in my driveway. I'm not sure how to begin the repairs and I'm afraid that I'm just left to watch the remains rust and then turn to dust.

Sorry about all the car analogies. I'm not sure how I managed them. I don't even have a driver's license.

Didn't mean to be such a downer. I did have a lovely time and will fill you in later. I have to be at work at 9am. That means it's past my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment