I didn't see Firefighter again until the middle of the week. He came over just as my uncle and I were leaving to take a change of clothes to my younger cousin at his job. My uncle decided that Firefighter and I could go instead. I was so nervous. I hadn't seen him since the day after the wedding and we hadn't discussed what happened that night. I wasn't ready. Firefighter rides a bike. The good thing about that is you can't do much talking. The bad thing is there is A LOT of physical contact...okay maybe that's a good thing too. We took the clothes to my cousin and then Firefighter took me riding all over the island. We went to his station at the airport and he introduced me to his coworkers. It was an amazing day and we never discussed what was happening between us. We just enjoyed each other.
![]() |
| Headed to the party! |
The next time I saw him was at a party my aunt hosted at her house on the weekend. He came with his friends and they invited me to spend the following day with them. The Non-Mariners Race is a day when people take their boats a couple hundred feet out, tie them together and party. Of course I said I would go. Once again he didn't try anything. We hung out with his friends, swam from boat to boat and basically had a fun day on the water. At this point I wasn't sure how he was feeling. After being all over me at the wedding to not touching me at all. I was soooo... confused.
On my last night in Bermuda I didn't know what to do. I kept thinking about him and wondering what was going to happen. I hadn't seen him since Non-Mariners and was worried I wouldn't see him before I left. My aunt decided to take us all out for dinner that night. When we got back to the house after dinner Firefighter was leaving. He had come by to see us before we left. I was so happy and relieved to see him. That night we stayed up until 4am talking. And I really mean talking. Yes, we did kiss but we talked about everything. It was one of the most amazing nights of my life. I was able to open up to him and I wasn't afraid to say anything. I don't know what it is about him but I'm comfortable enough to let him hold me. I don't even like shaking hands and even with friends I'm uncomfortable hugging. Even when I have dated other people (all 2 of them, ha ha) I have never been someone who enjoyed cuddling.
This feeling is quite new to me. I have never felt this way about anyone before. I usually fall for personalities, but I was instantly attracted to Firefighter and now he turns out to be a great guy as well. Although I love the feeling I'm not sure if I like it. Now we're miles apart and I spend my time missing him. We both agreed that even though we felt strongly about each other we weren't interested in a long distance relationship. However, since I've been back we're texting each other, chatting on facebook or talking on the phone. A day hasn't gone by when I haven't communicated with him. I don't know what to do. Should I just consider it a summer fling?


Sounds pretty serious to us.
ReplyDeleteWhat do you mean you both said you felt strongly about one another?
Long distance relationships are not ideal, but they're infinitely better than wondering what might be, or could have been!
Good luck!
I'm not going to lie. Long distance sucks! But at the same time it can totally be worth it! Just go with the flow and see what happens. Maybe he can plan a trip up to see you.... Don't get your hopes up to much but enjoy those happy feelings at the same time! There is nothing like that 'new love' feeling! Enjoy it! Can't wait to read more! Good luck :)
ReplyDelete