About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tempted to Touch


I first saw him at the rehearsal dinner. As you know, I'm in Bermuda for my cousin's wedding. My aunt was hosting the rehearsal dinner at her house and I was helping cook. I was hot and sweaty, and that was when we were introduced.
 
Let me give you a little background info. My aunt has been married to her husband for about 20 years and they have 2 sons together. My aunt has 2 sons from a previous marriage and her husband had one, I'm going to call him Firefighter. (Thanks E for giving me the ideas for nicknames) I have always known of his existence but we had never met and I have never paid much attention to him while looking at pictures. Both my Mom and younger sister had met him on their previous trips to Bermuda. I on the other hand was never interested in knowing about him...that is until I saw him. He is gorgeous.

Firefighter on the right
I didn't really say anything to him that night. I just stayed back and observed. The next time I saw him was at the wedding. He looked amazing in his suit. The best part about him being in the wedding party was I was able to stare and take pictures without anyone thinking I was being a stalker. Ha ha. We spent time together at the reception but were always part of a group. After the wedding, my female friend V, my sister, my male cousin J and Firefighter decided we weren't ready to go home after the reception. Instead we headed to a club/bar that was inside the hotel. Usually, I'm extremely shy, but as you know once alcohol is added to any equation it allows you to lose your inhibitions and speak freely. I became a bit flirtatious. V was being flirty too, so I wasn't sure what he was thinking. That is until he pulled me towards him to dance.

Once again I wasn't ready for the night to end so I suggested going to the beach. We headed back to the house to change, took Firefighter to his house to get his swimsuit and went to the beach. The sky was clear and the moon was high and bright, reflecting beautifully on the water's surface. My sister and J sat on the shore and watched us as we splashed around. It was a lot of fun. When we were leaving Firefighter and I lagged behind a bit and he kissed me. It was perfect. When we got back to my aunt's house he and I sat outside and talked...okay, it was more than talking. But I didn't let things get to far. I told him we had both been drinking and weren't thinking clearly. I said we should wait until tomorrow to decide how we really felt about each other.

Because I am extremely shy I ignored him the next day. I felt arkward and unsure of what I was doing. The family all had breakfast together and then we went to the beach again. Firefighter took us all on a nature walk and I had to do my best to not stare at him. I kept sneaking glances while trying not to be too obvious. That night we had dinner at my aunt's house. When it was time for him to leave I caught his eye and smiled...trying to let him know that I felt the same way without saying anything. Now I have to figure out what I should do.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! ANd your welcome about the nickname idea :) From the pic he looks cute!! I am so smiling for you!! Can't wait to read more!! :)

    ReplyDelete