I'm going to Bermuda at the end of the month and that will require wearing swimsuits. So I decided to jump back on the horse and try again. I've modified my eating habits once again. I've cut out soda. (Okay, I do occasionally drink a little Pepsi. I can't help it.) I drink gallons of water, which sucks because I'm constantly having to go to the bathroom (TMI?) Exercise is another problem. Running everyday wasn't working. Since I started working from 9-5 I would have to wake up around 6am and I do not possess that type of motivation. I can't go in the evenings because my running buddy works late and I don't want to go alone. So I decided to try something new.
I went to Bickram Yoga for the first time and LOVED it. For 90 minutes I stretched and twisted my body in a room that was heated to 105ºF. I have never sweat so much in my entire life. The system has no beginner, intermediary or advanced levels. Everyone just moves to there own pace and you can skip poses if you do not feel up to it.

At the end I had to stop and lay down because I felt like I was about to pass out. Some of the poses made my blood rush to my head which left me with a bit of a headache. I think that is something I have to get used to. However, my overall experience was wonderful. My body feel so refreshed and I felt ready for anything. I can't wait to go back.

That's great! I've never tried yoga but have always wanted to! And like I'm addicted.... just to Dr. Pepper! :)
ReplyDelete