About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Monday, December 21, 2009

Solace in a Book

Firefighter left on Thursday. We had an amazing visit. The first thing we did when he got here was buy him some gloves and a scarf. Although Bermuda does get quite chilly it can never compare to Boston's winter. He was freezing! We were both staying at a hotel in downtown Boston but, a lot of the weekend was spent at my house with my family. It was nice to see him interacting with them. Although he has spent time with them before it has never been as my boyfriend. On Friday we went to my office Christmas party. It was really nice to see everyone all dressed up and in a festive mood. Firefighter looked so hot. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but I should be able to get one from work. I'll try to post one later. The rest of the week flew by. We spent a lot of time in downtown Boston, walking around in the cold. I loved being able to spend everyday with him. Falling asleep and waking up next to him everyday was bliss.

Now it's been about about 5 days without him. Saying goodbye at the airport was harder than I thought. I expected sadness but the overwhelming feeling of melancholy and the tears I had to fight so hard to hold back came as a complete surprise. I can't believe how much his leaving has affected me. I rushed back to the hotel and went right back to sleep. When I woke up the first thing I did was start reading.


I spent most of my childhood and teen years buried in a book. No matter what the circumstance I could get lost in a new world. So to keep my mind off of Firefighter and to stop myself from missing him so much, I'm reading The Lovely Bones. I've been wanting to read it for a number of years. Now, with the movie being released in January I want to get it done. So far it's amazing. You are able to walk along with the main character as she follows the lives of the people she left on Earth after her death. It is at once beautiful and painful.

So that's what I'll be doing for the next two of week, until the 31st. That's when I'll be flying to spend New Year's Eve with Firefighter. I can't wait to see him again.

1 comment:

  1. Awe glad you had such a great time!! I can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete