About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Laws of Attraction

I have always wondered what it is that makes one person attractive to someone and not to another. When I first met my ex I was 16 and nothing about him drew me to him. But as we spent more time together his personality started to win me over and 2 years later we were dating.

I was instantly attracted to Firefighter. The way he looked, stood, walked...everything about him seemed irresistible.

So how important are looks? It is the first thing we see when we look at someone. I have always argued that they aren't everything. As it did with my ex, a person can grow on you. And somehow, as you grow to admire them they become more attractive.

If Firefighter did indeed turn out to be a jerk or possessed qualities that I did not admire I am sure I would have been turned off. (Well, I hope I would have been able to resist his magnetism.) But everything about him was appealing. And as I began spending more time with him and learning about him I fell deeper.

What do you guys think? Does what a person look like affect whether or not you date him/her?

1 comment:

  1. I try not to think that looks are that important... but that instant attraction is based a lot on looks. For me it was Marine's smile that first drew me in... so even though we don't want to admit it I think looks do play a part. But everyone is attracted to different things and different looks. A guy my friend thinks is hot I might not think so and vice versa. SO even though looks attract everyone has a different view point.

    My thoughts anyway :)

    ReplyDelete