About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Many Problems of Facebook

  1. I spend way too much time on facebook instead of doing homework. I may have to disconnect my laptop from the internet. I find way too many excuses to get on the internet and do "research" that soon turns into playing games, which leads me to the next problem...
  2. I'm addicted to the darn games. At one point I had 3 farms, 2 restaurants, 2 pets, an aquarium filled with fish...the list goes on and on. I'll stop before you realize how crazy I am. But they are just so much fun!
  3. Random people from childhood request friendship. I'm not sure how people I knew in the 3rd grade remember both my first AND last name.  I choose to believe that I made such a HUGE impact on their lives and I'm UNFORGETTABLE.
  4. Random people, who you've never met, requesting friendship. I don't see the point.
  5. Random messages from strangers. This happened to me yesterday. Someone messaged me with the link to Firefighter's ex-girlfriend's Myspace page. She still has old pictures of them posted. I wasn't sure what to think. It's sort of strange to have pics of your ex on your profile. The only reason I'm not still freaking out about it is because I can tell they're old pictures. Firefighter looks different than when I first met him. This was by far the craziest thing that has ever happen to me. I spoke to Firefighter about it today. He thinks it was his ex-girlfriend who sent the message. I don't know who it was but it makes me mad.
I now want to deactivate my account. I don't know if I can:
A. Handle the distractions while I'm in school and
B. Handle the crazy people out there.

What do you guys suggest?

1 comment:

  1. Just up to you. People are crazy plain and simple. Don't delete it just because of some crazy ex girlfriend though

    ReplyDelete