About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back to School

Yes! You read the title correctly. I am once again a student! On May 17, 2010 I started my Masters in Teaching program. It feels absolutely great being in a classroom again. Posing for my student ID, way too expensive textbooks, pens, pencils, the discussions in class, lectures...I love it ALL!!!

I must admit. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. It is a one year program so I am going to be very busy. I have 4 classes to complete this summer. I am halfway through the first 2 and it has only been 3 weeks. Before they end I have 2 oral presentations, several writing assignments and lessons plans due. I am trying to take things step by step because if I sat and just thought about how much I have to do in the next 3 weeks I think I'll cry.

In the September I start a year long internship at a high school. In October, I am expected to take over one of the classes!!! Yikes! Although I have my BA in English I don't think I recall much. How am I expected to teach a bunch of teenagers things I have long forgotten? I have a hard time just editing this blog!

The silver lining is I will be graduating in May 2011. Well, hopefully. That depends on whether I do a good job and pass all my classes. If all goes well, I will have my very own classroom in September 2011. Those poor, poor kids. LOL!

I almost forgot to mention. I  usually buy my books from Borders. They have a free membership rewards program and they offer coupons weekly. However, I discovered Amazon.com offers textbooks for a lot cheaper than my school's bookstore. I was also able to get free shipping. Just thought I would share this bargain tidbit with you.  :o)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! You will do great :) And I'm like you I love everything about being a student and I miss it! Lol also another cheap place to buy books is ebay! I used to buy and sell most of my books on their. Just search by the ISBN :)

    ReplyDelete