About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

25 Things About Me

1. As a kid I was in love with Elvis Presley. My Dad would buy me his records and I would listen to them everyday. I soon began to wonder if I was actually Elvis reincarnated. I mean, the only person who could love you so much would have to be yourself…right?

2. I am a huge klutz. In fact, I could fill up an hour of America’s Funniest Home videos with my escapades. I have walked into screen doors, crashed into a tree while sledding, hit my head on ceiling lamps, twice and the pièce de résistance is when I walked into a pole.

3. I am a genius. In fact I was reading at the age of 2. Okay, so maybe I wasn’t exactly reading so much as memorizing. But that’s still great. How many 2 year olds do you know who can recite entire books?

4. When I was 10, I went against my parents and secretly stayed up late to watch Child’s Play. I didn’t think it was too bad until that night when I woke up to use the bathroom and realized one of my dolls was on the bed next to me. I was terrified and could not move. I finally jumped up and sped out of my room. I slept with my sister for the remainder of the night. From that night forward I would lock my dolls in the closet before going to sleep.

5. I’m all for animal rights but secretly believe that all animals can be hunted in moderation. Yes, I am an awful, awful person.

6. Although I am one of the nicest person you will ever meet, I was quite mean as a kid. I used to stand behind the safety of my fence and tease the children in my neighborhood as they walked by.

7. Apparently, to some people, I can’t hold a note. To me, when I sing I sound absolutely fabulous. I believe with a little bit of training and studio time, I can be a successful songstress. If Brittney Spears and Jessica Simpson can do it why can’t I?

8. I LOVE the car wash. I have as much fun in there as I do on a roller coaster.

9. I also love the splash when cars drive into puddles. It gives me thrills.

10. I am completely happy being single. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever be ready to be a wife and mother.

11. I have wanted a tattoo since I was 6. If I wasn’t so indecisive I would have a lot more than the tiny one on my wrist.

12. I can memorize any Disney song but ask me to sing something off of Billboard Top 20 and I’ll have to Google the lyrics first.

13. Growing up I have wanted to be everything from an astronaut to a zoologist and everything in between. That includes joining a nunnery and performing burlesque.

14. I didn’t know who Notorious B.I.G. was until after he was dead. I kept hearing “I’ll be missing you on the radio and loved it. I finally saw the video and at the end they showed his picture with his birth and death date.

15. I don’t understand why everyone hated the Blair Witch Project. It was one of the best movies I saw in 1999.

16. Sometimes when cooking I pretend I have my own cooking show. I talk to an imaginary audience and explain all the steps I’m taking to prepare the dish.

17. I am an adventure living inside of a scardy cat. I want to go bungie jumping, sky diving, cliff jumping, repelling etc. but I think I'll be part of that tiny percent where something goes wrong. My rope will break or my parachute may not open. I'm not afraid to die but I'm terrified of pain.

18. I am still hoping for a future like the Jetson’s. Can I please see and ride in a flying car before I die? I would also like a robot like Rosie.

19. I am the world’s worst speller. I have used spell check about a hundred times since writing this note.

20. I can sometimes tell what time it is by where the sun is positioned in the sky. Well, I’ve done it once. It was one of the most awesome moments of my life.

21. Before I die I hope to have stood on every continent, that includes Anarctica.

22. I never let people read my fictional writing. When I was in the 7th a grade a teacher read one of my stories out loud to the class and demolished it. Although she did it anonymously I still felt embarrassed and hurt. I don't ever want to go through something like that again. She didn't only criticize my writing but something bigger...my imagination.

23. None of my friends or family knows about my blog...not yet anyway.

24. Unlike normal parents who punished their children by taking away television and video games, my Mom wouldn’t allow me to read. I would have to sneak off to the library and smuggle books into the house. Kimberly would blackmail me by threatening to tell that I had books hiding in her toy box. I acted like a teenager on drugs. My addiction just happened to be books.

25. I don't know whether or not I believe in "happily ever after"

No comments:

Post a Comment