About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The not so distant future

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I hate this question. When I was younger I was always ready. Quickly I would state the career I wanted (at the time, it could have been a number of things from Astronaut to Zoologist). I hoped to be married at 25 with x amount of children (the number fluctuated as I myself aged). As I grew closer to 25 I realized that none of it was going to become a reality. I couldn't fathom being a mother or a wife. And I wasn't any closer to figuring out what I wanted to do with my life.

I can't imagine having a career where I spend 20 years going to the same office day in and day out. Seeing the same people and doing the same thing. I would HATE to have to wake up every morning and force myself to go to a place I hated.

So although I am unsure about specific facts here are some things that I do know:
  1. I want to make a difference in people's lives.
  2. I would be happy without children but I'm willing to try and be a good mother.
  3. I'm afraid of falling in love but it will be nice to share my life with someone.
  4. I can't have a career that requires me to work from 9 to 5, 5 days a week, with only 2 weeks vacation.
  5. I want to be happy.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!! I have also been thinking along the same lines.... I used to know exactly what i wanted and what I wanted to do. Know I am not so sure.

    ReplyDelete