How many risk takers do you know? People may jump out of planes and bungee jump but when it comes to the heart, it's different...
-Me
-Me
I said this to my cousin a couple of weeks ago. Love to me is the biggest risk anyone can take. Giving yourself completely to someone without any inhibitions is something I have never been able to do. I keep a tight reign on my heart. It's difficult for me to let people in. Even in my 9 year relationship I held back. I kept waiting for the day when things would begin to fall apart. Instead of enjoying what I had, I worried about when it was going to end.
I'm not sure what scares me more about being in a relationship: falling in love and being hurt or falling in love and living happily ever after. I love being single. There is no risk of heartbreak for either person. I never have to take anyone into consideration when making decisions (whether it's what to eat for dinner or something life changing as moving away to get my Masters). I love the independence and the drama free existence. Maybe one day I'll be ready to settle down but for now being single means being free. I want to spread my wings and fly...wherever the wind takes me.
I'm not sure what scares me more about being in a relationship: falling in love and being hurt or falling in love and living happily ever after. I love being single. There is no risk of heartbreak for either person. I never have to take anyone into consideration when making decisions (whether it's what to eat for dinner or something life changing as moving away to get my Masters). I love the independence and the drama free existence. Maybe one day I'll be ready to settle down but for now being single means being free. I want to spread my wings and fly...wherever the wind takes me.

Great quote!! I love it :) and very thoughtful post. Your right it is very hard to let your guard down. And it's nice to be able to spread your wings :)
ReplyDelete