About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wujiang Lu Night Market

Last night my cousin, his friend and I hopped on the metro to Wujiang Lu night market. (Lu is road in Mandarin) We got on line 2 and got of at West Nanjing Lu. It's was a right next to it. There were a bunch of tiny restaurants and street vendors selling all sorts of skewers, juices and dumplings. We made our to the place with the longest line: Yang's Fried-Dumplings. They had 4 dumplings called shengjian for Y4.5, which is lest that $1. We decided to get one order and share, but as soon as we ate it we got back in line and each got our own orders. The casing is a bit crunchier and chewier than regualar dumplings and the inside is filled with juicy pork. It takes a while for it to cool down and it can be quite messy to eat. These are the best dumplings I've had since being in Shanghai. Much better than the xioaolongbao and WAY cheaper. I will be making my way back there before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment