About Me

My photo
Boston, MA, United States

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

One-Minute Writer: Cartoons

 I've been following The One-Minute Writer for some time now and have even participated in a couple of the prompts, leaving my writing in the comments section on that blog. However, since I have resolved to be a better me, and writing is what I hope to be my profession one day (Did I really just admit that out loud?!), I have decided I am going to try and be more consistent.

The prompt today is: Which cartoon or children's TV show from childhood is most burned in your memory?

One of my favorite cartoons growing up was Captain Planet. My sister and I both pretended to be planeteers (my power was wind, hers was water). In middle school, I even wrote a dystopian short story that was set in a future filled with pollution and used the cartoon as a catalyst for the character's growing awareness. Trust me, I was obsessed. Today I can still sing the theme song as I reduce, reuse and recycle.
So remember, We're the planeteers, You can be one too!

Okay, I'm stopping before I get carried away. Plus, my minute was up about 20 seconds ago!

What's your favorite childhood cartoon?   

1 comment:

  1. I love the one minute writer questions somedays!

    This was a good one! My favorite cartoon was Scooby Doo. I always loved a mystery :)

    ReplyDelete